to our web site. This site is dedicated to St Paul's Church,
Whitley Bay Guild of Bell Ringers.
St Paul's Bell Ringers is based
in the Diocese of Newcastle and practice's
at St. Paul's Church,
The Church was built in 1863 and consecrated on September 3rd,
1864. Until this time Whitley Bay had been in the Parish of
Tynemouth but the clergy found it increasingly difficult to
administer in this remote part of their territory.
The Duke of Northumberland offered to build a new church, which
became known as St. Paul's Church, Cullercoats. Although a newer
Church closer to Tynemouth has since been built, St. Paul's
Church is still officially registered as being in the Parish
For a list of clergy who were appointed to this Church click
Copyright & Privacy
Updated January 2009